Sources/Policy on Irish-Medium Education
Polasaí don Oideachas Lán-Ghaeilge (POLG)
There hasn’t been a more important time to take action than now since the foundation of Irish-language education. The first policy for Irish-medium education is currently being drafted by the state and the public consultation process has begun.
It is so important that a strong and groundbreaking policy be put in place to aid with such challenges as:
- lack of teachers
- lack of services for Irish-medium schools
- lack of supports for special education
- lack of consistency from naíonra to gaelcholáistí
and much more
There is an opportunity to solve these challenges by making our voices heard by the Department. The success of this policy depends on a united voice from the public. We can use our voices by completing the Department’s questionnaire. The Department is listening! We must speak to them!
There are specific questionnaires to be completed by staff members, parents and students. We have drafted suggestions and sample answers below to help you in completing your questionnaire.
We understand that you and the school community are very busy right now, but we ask that you take this action for the betterment of all in the Irish-medium education system. This is the time. This isthe single biggest thing you can do for Irish-language education.
Principals & Staff
Gach eolas do phríomhoidí, do mhúinteoirí, do bhaill boird, do rúnaithe & gach ball foirne eile
Teachers & Students
- Eolas do mhúinteoirí ar Rang 5 & Rang 6: Íoslódáil litir (PDF)
- Eolas do mhúinteoirí & dhaltaí sa Ghaelcholáiste:Íoslódáil litir (PDF)
Parents & Guardians
- Gach eolas do thuismitheoirí & caomhnóirí ar fáil anseo (Leagan Gaeilge)
- All information for parents & guardians available here (English version)
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.