“The parents committee in the school are just fantastic. Whether they’re raising money so we can build a bike shed, baking cakes for our open night or offering their talents to help on school projects, they do so much to benefit the school. They bring together parents through the committee and really add so much to the community feeling in our school.”
Neasa Ní Aoláin, Principal, Gaelscoil Cholmcille
General Information on Parents Committees
Our main aims are:
- To help the school achieve its aims in any way we can – providing the best education possible for all our children
- To liaise with the Principal and the teaching staff
- To represent the views of parents and to provide a forum for consultation with the Principal on relevant issues
- To provide support for parents especially new arrivals in the school
- To provide practical help when required in the school
- To facilitate social opportunities for parents at school-based meetings
- To help the school/BoM financially when suitable opportunities arise
What are we not about?
- Decision making and management issues in the school
- Professional issues re. teaching and learning
- A channel for complaints for other parents
Welcome aboard! There are over 20,000 parents and guardians of students in our schools. Parents are at the centre of our school communities and we are grateful for the efforts of parents which benefit the children, Parents Committees in particular. Parents can keep informed on what’s happening in our schools by following An Foras Pátrúnachta on social media.
Supports for Parents
1. Your child in Primary School:
INTO resource with information on the first day, school attendance, healthy food, homework, dealing with bullying etc.
2. Children with Special Needs:
Information from NCSE on supports and assessments for students in primary schools who have special needs.
3. Children’s learning in Primary School:
NCCA booklet detailing the school curriculum and what students will learn in school.
4. Tips on Irish:
Our helpful suggestions on learning Irish and using it while going about your day-to-day business.
5. How to solve an issue in school:
Our handbook with guidance on how to solve an issue in school.
6. How to make a complaint about a registered teacher:
A handbook from the Teaching Council on how to make a complaint to the Council.
Seimineár Oiliúna do Phríomhoidí, Cathaoirligh & Cisteoirí Óstán Midlands Park, Port Laoise, 02 Márta 2024. I measc na dtopaicí a phléifear tá: Ullmhú do Chruinnithe Boird, Airgeadas Scoile, Dualgais Bhoird i leith Foirgnimh, Nósanna imeachta Gearáin....
Ciorclán 0011/2024: Socruithe soláthar foirne i mBunscoileanna don scoilbhliain 2024/25 Is éard is cuspóir leis an gciorclán seo an lucht bainistíochta agus an fhoirean go léir sna bunscoileanna a chur ar an eolas faoi na socruithe soláthar foirne atá ann do...