Follow the steps below to complete the vetting process. According to law, every staff members must provide the school principal with vetting disclosure from the Gardaí before they are permitted to work.
Please contact Cormac in An Foras’ offices to enquire about the process or the current status of your application.
We have legal agreements with the following organisations and we recognise vetting disclosures from these organisations: DCU, GAA, Marino Institute of Education, Donegal Youth Service.
School Information & Application Form
1. An “invitation form” must be made available to the applicant for completion. Guidelines are available on this form.
2. The applicant must provide the school with documentation verifying their identity. eg. Passport, Driving License, Public Services Card. If the current address does not match the address on the identity card, an electricity/gas bill, etc. will suffice in addition to proof of identity.
3. Once the school has verified the applicants identity with official photo identification, send completed forms in the post to the address on the form or by email to email@example.com. The school principal’s signature is not required.
All subsequent steps of the process will be conducted online. It is at the discretion of the applicant (not An Foras Pátrúnachta) to provide the vetting disclosure to the principal once the process is completed.
Information for Applicants
1. The applicant will complete the invitation form and provide the school with their proof of identity.
2. Once the school has sent the form to An Foras Pátrúnachta, the applicant will receive an email inviting them to go through the vetting process on the Gardaí website.
3. Beidh ar an iarratasóir eolas futhu féin a líonadh ar shuíomh na nGardaí. Déanfaidh an Foras an t-iarratas a dheimhniú.
4. Gheobhaidh an t-iarratasóir nochtadh ar ríomhphost. Beidh an nochtadh le roinnt leis an bPríomhoide ar ríomhphost nó tríd an nochtadh a chur i gcló.
For applicants of 16 to 18 years of age, the NVB3 (here) form must be completed by a parent/guardian in addition to the NVB1 form. Ní féidir iarratasóirí faoi 16 bliain d’aois a chur tríd an bpróiseas.
Does this process pertain to teachers?
Disclosures for teachers provided through The Teaching Council are recognised. he process can be completed through An Foras also as our process may be completed faster.
How long does this process take?
1 week, as long as there is no delay at application level with completing the form.
What happens in the case of applicants 16 – 18 years of age?
In the case of applicants 16 – 18 years of age, a parent, guardian or the applicant themselves must complete a NVB3 form. The NVB3 form is available here. The applicant must also complete the NVB1 form and send both forms to An Foras. Applicants under the age of 16 years of age are not permitted.
What happens in the case of applicants under 16 years of age?
People under the age of 16 cannot be Garda vetted. Each school has the choice to accept or not accept people under 16 (such as transition year students on work experience).
Does the process pertain to parents?
It is mentioned in the Act that parents in schools do not need to be vetted where their presence is on an informal, infrequent basis (e.g. attending the Sports Day, Christmas Play and Open Day). If parents are undertaking formal work, paid work or ongoing work, they should be vetted (e.g. providing dance classes or meeting in the school frequently as the Parents Association).
Ciorclán 0011/2024: Socruithe soláthar foirne i mBunscoileanna don scoilbhliain 2024/25 Is éard is cuspóir leis an gciorclán seo an lucht bainistíochta agus an fhoirean go léir sna bunscoileanna a chur ar an eolas faoi na socruithe soláthar foirne atá ann do...
Ról: Príomhoide Scoil: Gaelscoil Chluainín, Co Liatroma Spriocdháta: Dé Luain, 8 Eanáir 2024 Iarratas & Eolas Eile: https://www.educationposts.ie/post/view/206810 Suim agatsa múineadh i scoil lán-Ghaeilge? Féach ar an bhfíseán seo:...
Ról: Múinteoir Príomhsrutha (X 2) Scoil: Gaelscoil Longfoirt Spriocdháta: Dé Máirt, 5 Nollaig 2023 Iarratas & Eolas Eile: https://www.educationposts.ie/post/view/206221 https://www.educationposts.ie/post/view/206222 Suim agatsa múineadh i scoil lán-Ghaeilge?...