I couldn’t praise An Foras Pátrúnachta enough, they’re always there to support us
Póla Ní Chinnsealaigh, Principal, Gaelscoil Ruairí
Who are we?
An Foras Pátrúnachta is the largest patron of Irish-medium schools in Ireland at both primary and secondary level. There are 80 schools under our patronage. An Foras Pátrúnachta is a patron of Irish- medium schools that have a choice of a Catholic, Multi-denominational, Intra-denominational and Interdenominational (Catholic / Protestant) ethos. We are also a recognised management body in education. We aim to grow the number of Irish-medium schools so that any parent who would choose Irish-medium education can access it.
An Foras Pátrúnachta was founded in 1993 so that new Gaelscoileanna opening in the coming years would have another choice with regard to patronage. The vision of An Foras Pátrúnachta is to develop, strengthen and promote education through the medium of Irish throughout the country.
An Foras Pátrúnachta is recognized by the Department of Education and Science as a patronage system which is acceptable and appropriate for first and second level schools.
- Our Philosophy document can be read here.
- Our Recruitment Policy can be readhere.
- Our Conflict of Interest Policy (GA) can be read here.
- Tá Cód Iompair d’Iontaobhaithe (Stiúrthóirí) An Foras Pátrúnachta ar fáil anseo.
The key responsibilities of the patron:
- To defend the ethos of schools
- Appointment and support of the board of management
- Financial, legal matters, insurance and health and safety regulations
- Work as party to issues of accommodation, sites, property and leases of schools under its patronage
- The appointment of staff in accordance with DES regulations
- As a patron, manager and educational organization, the mission of An Foras focuses on the development of the provision of Irish Medium Education with a choice of religious ethos.
Boird Bhainistíochta ar Scoileanna Bainistíonn an bord bainistíochta an scoil thar ceann an phátrúin agus tá sé cuntasach don phátrún agus don Aire. Ní mór don Bhord seasamh le meon sainiúil (éiteas) na scoile agus tá sé cuntasach don phátrún as an méid sin a...
Ciorclán 0039/2023: Curaclam Matamaitice na Bunscoile do bhunscoileanna & scoileanna speisialta Íoslósáil Ciorclán 0039/2023 (PDF) anseo Íoslódáil leabhrán do thuismitheoirí (PDF) anseo
Board of Directors
Séamus Ó Ceanainn
Julian de Spáinn
Colm Ó Tuathaláin
Fiona Nic Fhionnlaoich
Lorcán Mac Gabhann
Pádraig Ó Duibhir
Seán Ó Láimhín
Tim Ó Tuachaigh